Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Kuching - Day 1, Arrival
- Stay a night at Bako National Park
- Go for the 8th Rainforest World Music Festival for 3 days
- Visit the Semenggoh Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre.
- Tuck into some local delicacies : Laksa Sarawak, Kolo Mee, Ambal, and Jungle Fern(Midin), Sago worms
Flying at 09:45 with Air Asia. The view of Kuching from the plane was beautiful. The winding rivers and tiny dotted houses made an interesting design. Touch down and met up with Ramon and Usama.
THE PLAN – go to Bako National park and stay a night.
REALITY HITS – If one wants to stay overnight at Bako, one would need a permit. Where to get that nasty permit? Well just off to the Sarawak Tourist Information Center across the Square Tower. Some how I thought the Square Tower would be bigger. Found out that the dorm beds were booked up so we decided to head off to Bako tomorrow.
Ended the day meeting Ramon’s family.
1. Where to get your Bako Permits?
Overnight permits, get it from Sarawak Tourist Information Center.
Day permits can be obtained at the jetty.